Deadlines for Fall 2013
|Schedule adjustment for returning students||August 5-9|
|Registration for new students||August 24-25|
|Last day to add class||September 3|
|Financial drop deadline||September 16|
|Academic Drop||October 21|
|Withdrawal Deadline||November 22|
Information for undergraduate students
- How to register Read this first.
- Liberal Arts Core Book in case you misplaced your hardcopy.
- Class search on MySlice: click Search for Classes on the right.
- Course Catalog has course descriptions, prerequisites, and Academic Rules (e.g., transfer requirements). To find more about a particular course, try a Google search such as
site:syr.edu "MAT 121"
- Forms for Academic Actions: declare a major, transfer credit, petition for withdrawal, etc.
- College of Arts and Sciences website. Use it to find contacts in departments, interdisciplinary programs, and Advising Office
- Registration worksheet helps in drafting a schedule.
- How to drop a class between Add deadline and Academic Drop deadline:
- Calculate your remaining credits: you should not drop below 12 in a semester.
- Pick up add/drop form from 323 Hall of Languages. Fill in 5 digit class number (found on Myslice), course prefix and 3 digit class number.
- Bring the form to your instructor to sign. (Arts & Sciences students do not need their advisor’s signature on the add/drop form.)
- Sign the form yourself and bring it to 323 HL for home College signature.
- Deliver form to 106 Steele Hall (Registrar’s Office) during normal business hours.
Information for math majors
During the peak advising season I fill the calendar below with available time slots. Pick the day and time that work for you and enter them on the form under the calendar to make an appointment.
During the off-season, when the calendar is empty, simply email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. My office is 304A Carnegie.